Central Council for Research in Yoga & Naturopathy (CCRYN) is an autonomous institution for Research and Development in Yoga & Naturopathy, established in 1978 under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. The Council is fully funded by Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India. As per the Memorandum of Association, the objectives of the Council are as under:-
- Formulation of aims and patterns of research on scientific lines in Yoga & Naturopathy.
- Undertake any education, training, research and other programmes in Yoga & Naturopathy.
- Prosecution of and assistance in research, the propagation of knowledge and experimental measures generally in connection with the causation, mode of spread and prevention of diseases.
- Initiate, aid, develop and coordinate scientific research in different aspects, fundamental and applied of Yoga and Naturopathy and to promote and assist institutions of research for the study of diseases, their prevention, causation and remedy.
- Prepare, print, publish and exhibit any papers, posters, pamphlets, periodicals and books for furtherance of the objects of the Central Council and to contribute to such literature.
- Offer prizes and grant of scholarships, including travelling scholarships in furtherance of the objects of the Central Council.